Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Slim For Life - It is Possible!!

Today is a new day! This is the only day that counts!

This afternoon I was watching the The Anderson Cooper Show and he had Jilliam Michaels on as a guest.  She talked about her book Slim For Life.  Now I don't particularly care for Jillian on The Biggest Loser but the things she said really made sense to me.



Her two main points were:

  • Eat Less
  • Move More
Sounds simple enough.  Why do we have such a hard time doing it?  She says if 80% of our calories come from  healthy choices and 20% come from treats that you will always do fine.  


Now I believe her idea of treats and mine may be entirely different.

She says that you should always read the labels of foods and check for the first three ingredients and serving sizes.  If something says it has 2 1/2 servings, unless you are going to invite 1 1/2 people to share it with you then you probably should make a different choice.  She said you can eat chocolate as long as it's healthy chocolate and she pointed out that a Hershey bar doesn't qualify as healthy chocolate.  

Sugar hides on the label in many forms.  Most of those end in ose, such as fructose, dextrose, sucrose, etc.  Food manufactures scatter those through the ingredients list so you will be fooled as to how much sugar in really in the food product and to try to keep it from being in the top three.  So basically, you need to add all the oses up.

I haven't read the book, but I believe it says all the things we already know.

Tomorrow I go to the gym!!  We have a winter storm coming in so hopefully it will hold off until much later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty