Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Bavarian Sauerkraut

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!

Bavarian Sauerkraut


Bavarian Sauerkraut  #Sauerkraut  #Bavarian #Recipe  #Neuschwanstein

This picture was taken when I was in the Bavarian area of Germany last year.  We were near the Neuschwanstein Castle.   I ordered the Sauerkraut and Brats.  This is a picture of what they served.  It was absolutely delicious!  I have tried to make the sauerkraut at home since and here is the recipe I used.

Bavarian Sauerkraut (Recipe from Food.com)

16 oz. Sauerkraut (I purchased the best imported Sauerkraut I could find)
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup apple, peeled and chopped
Salt and pepper
1 T. Olive Oil

Put everything into a saucepan and cook until the onions are tender, 30-45 minutes.

I left out the Juniper Berries that were listed in the original recipe, because I didn't have any and didn't think it would be worth getting them.

The sauerkraut was very good.  I made mashed potatoes and served them with some brats I found.  

I forgot to take a picture of mine.  I decided to show you a picture of the beautiful Neuschwanstein Castle in place of the picture of Sauerkraut & Brats.  It is such a beautiful castle, way overdone inside for my taste, by still quite a beautiful place.  The views from there are breathtaking!  I have heard that Cinderella's castle in Disney is copied from it.


Bavarian Sauerkraut  #Sauerkraut #Recipe  #Bavarian  #Neuschwanstein

Have you ever had Bavarian Sauerkraut?  If you have a great Bavarian Sauerkraut recipe please leave me a link to your post!

1 comment:

  1. I am not a huge sauerkraut fan... although a little has been known to be good... :)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty