Friday, June 28, 2013

The New Science of Skinny!!

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!

The New Science of Skinny!




I am using the book The 100 written by Jorge Cruise to diet.  I have read the book by Gary Taubes, Good Calories, Bad Calories and I have found many things in the two books that make sense to me.  Watch this short video and listen to them talk about the new science on skinny.  If these men are right we have been told by the health and food industries to eat the wrong foods.

I have not been able to follow his menu plans exactly as he has laid out, but I have been able to eat most of the foods on each days plan.  I haven't been hungry and I am losing weight.  The good thing is this it the fifth day on the diet and I have no cravings at all. 

I went to my grandson's baseball game today.  After the game my husband and son wanted to stop for pizza for dinner.  I told them that it was okay, I would be able to find something that I could eat. For dinner I had a chef salad, with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, eggs, and bacon on it.  I had a creamy Italian dressing with it.  Since I was unsure if there were any sugar calories in the dressing so I barely ate any of it.  Had I been able to have an oil and vinegar dressing I would have been able to eat a couple of Tablespoons.




One of my biggest carb challenges is pizza, but I was okay with not having any.  We were at a new pizza place near the ballpark. My husband kept telling me how great the pizza was.  Instead of pizza sauce he had them put on barbecue sauce.  I knew that it wasn't something I could use on my diet.  He told me I could eat some of the toppings off of it.  I didn't even want to taste it.  

When I am ready to have pizza there are many great paleo/primal/low carb recipes out there to try.  The first four weeks the diet is limited and then you can customize your menu from the food lists of low sugar calorie foods.  I know I am already losing weight.  I will weight in on Tuesday to see how I have done for the first week.  Stay tuned!!




14 comments:

  1. I am saying this because I really adore you, and I know he must too, but your husband is being a real butthole to you as you try to do this. Seriously. He has no respect for what you are trying to accomplish. It makes me so sad. :( (hope you don't hate me for saying that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one of those people that really enjoys feeding people. His mother is the same way. I talked to him about it today, when we weren't at a meal. I asked him to try to restrain from trying to feed me. I'll see how long he can make himself do that.

      Delete
  2. Well done on not eating the pizza. It must be hard to do this without the help of your husband and I kind of see where Gwen is coming from with her comment. Be the example - you will love your new way of life... I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza is hard for me. I really want to try your recipes when I get through the initial stages of this diet. I can't wait to see what the non carb pizzas taste like.

      Delete
  3. I know how you feel about not having a little bit of something, I would rather not eat it at all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to eat only the approved foods for the four weeks. The diet then allows for a little more flexibility. I can choose more things from the Freebies list and have up to 100 Sugar calories. I think I will save them for fruit though!

      Delete
  4. I knew a woman whose husband preferred her fat. He thought that she was much nicer that way. She lost a lot of weight at one point, and he had an affair. She gained it all back because of the stress, and they are back together again. I'm not comparing you to them, but husbands can be "interesting."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thin when he married me, so I don't know that he wants me heavier. I agree husbands can be "interesting". I know he says he doesn't like skinny women. He says I don't need to lose too much. He keeps after my son to eat more because he thinks he has gotten too skinny, too. Who knows what he is thinking!!

      Delete
  5. Betty - I am so proud of you for staying focused! I have a huge love of pizza also and have to order it for work (and serve it) on a few a week basis so I know how hard it is to say no to it. I think you are doing awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you do it, Linda!! You must have a will of steel. Congrats to you for avoiding it all the time!

      Delete
  6. Way to go Betty! Your attitude is so positive and I know that helps. Keep up the good work. I admire your will power around others when they're eating what you can't. Pat yourself on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandy!! I think my mindset is right on track, so it actually hasn't been too hard. Also, I haven't been hungry and I am having no cravings.

      Delete
  7. Hi Betty - I was able to conquer pizza, and I used to eat 3/5's of a family size one by myself. It helps though, that pizza is not one of my kryptonite's and also that my wife was never really a BIG pizza fan. She is fine without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Marc! I do think if I wanted to eat some though I could eat one piece and stop. It is a favorite but not something I have to overeat. My krytonite is sugar!!

      Delete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty