Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Blog every day in May - Steven Tyler sang Walk This Way at our Picnic

Day 29, Wednesday: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use Grooveshark or YouTube to include them in the post






You have to click on this on it will take you to the YouTube video.  It is Aerosmith singing "Walk this Way".


The blog prompt says 5 videos, but today I am lucky to get one.  I chose this one because it reminds me of the time that Steven Tyler came to our picnic in Washington DC.  He got up and sang this song for us.  It was fantastic!!!  Here is my story about the picnic!

UPDATES ON WHAT IS GOING ON:

Things just seem to be crazy for me this week.  My son's open house is scheduled for Saturday early evening.  We decided to rent a place because we were just too stressed with still having to get back and forth to the hospital to see my husband's mother.  She has been in the hospital for over six weeks now.  The place is going to provide part of the food, and I will provide part of it.  I took the only day they had left on their schedule.





Well, guess what?  My son's team won the high school baseball sectional.  Now, the regional will be played on the day of the scheduled open house.  He plays at 1:00.  He will be pitching against the defending state champs, the number one ranked team this year.  The problem is it is 2 hours from home.  If he loses he could get back a little late for the open house.  If he wins, he will play again at 8:00.  That means he won't be able to attend his own open house.  The place we scheduled will not allow us to cancel now.   We also have invitations out and my husband and son do not want to cancel.  They want me to come back and explain to everyone why he isn't there.  




I guess I will be celebrating his teams win at his open house.  

It is a fantastic thing that they won!  I would love for them to win on Saturday.  It would be a great culmination to his years of baseball, he has played travel ball for 10 years,  he has decided he doesn't want to play college ball.  He is really excited about being a student and double majoring in college. He doesn't want the stress of sports.  He had coaches calling him for football, too.  He got an academic scholarship for part of his tuition.

I am trying not to get stressed over this whole situation.  I guess whatever happens, happens.  We can take all the leftover food and invite the baseball team to our house when they get back to town that night for a party.

He graduates the following Saturday, we can have a small party with family before graduation.

Oh, well, life is never simple, it's all in how you deal with it, I guess!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son! What is he planning to major in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that would suck, but it would be for a GREAT cause! I just feel MOST bad that you would have to miss the 2nd game! :(

    Congrats on raising an amazing son!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty