Saturday, May 25, 2013

Blog Every Day in May - Who Told Me That?

Day 25, Saturday: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)
I remember being in the 7th grade and I had a teacher named Mrs. Kelly.  Mrs. Kelly was one of my favorite teachers.  She and I connected from the very beginning of that year.  

Mrs. Kelly asked me to stay after class one day so she could talk to me.  I was afraid I had done something wrong. 
 



Mrs. Kelly had something to tell me.  She knew that I had grown up in a large family and that we weren't very well off.  She told me that day that I had the potential to do anything that I wanted in life.  She said I was one of the best students in the entire school and that all I had to do was work and I could do anything I wanted.

I think that was the first time that I realized that I had a chance to do something with my life.  I felt really special that day.  

There were times in my life that I would think that I couldn't do something and I would remember back to that day and think "I can do anything."  

I is amazing what a teacher can accomplish in a child's life with just a few kind words.  

I was 11 years old when she told me that I could do anything and here I am 47 years later and I remember that conversation and how it made me feel.

Mrs. Kelly had a major impact on my life.

Did someone tell you something about yourself that has made an impact on your life?  Good or bad.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, what a wonderful story. She sounds like the type of teacher everyone needs to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lost my blog (long story) and had to start a new one. Come visit me at http://my2ndcup.blogspot.com/ I have missed all my blogging buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. follow me now on a totally new blog (old one I got locked out of) http://my2ndcup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this was an amazing story to share! What an amazing person/teacher! Thank You for leaving me a comment on one of my posts! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty