My son is a senior this year and it is nearing time for prom! He could have gone last year but he decided not to ask anyone. He is pretty shy. With the expectations that are put on boys now, it is difficult for him to ask someone to prom.
The girls are expecting some big, innovative gesture! You are not supposed to ask them directly. It has to be a surprise. You should have someone deliver the invitation to them in some grand style and then you show up.
Last year, a few boys went through the whole process and the girls accepted and then a few weeks before prom they changed their minds.
One of the boys last year had a pizza delivered that had "Prom?" spelled out on it in pepperoni. He waited outside her house until after the pizza was delivered and then went to her door. She said yes. Then later she changed her mind.
Here are a few acceptable ways to invite a girl to prom:
- Laminate a note and freeze it into a large ice cube, and have someone deliver it.
- Use tea light candles to spell "Prom?" in the girls driveway, then text her and ask her to come out.
- Have a treasure map delivered to her and when she gets to the treasure spot you are standing there waiting to ask her to Prom.
- Deliver a puzzle to the girl, when she puts it together it says, "Will you go to Prom with me" followed by your name.
- Get friends to hold up signs for you asking her to prom, one word on each sign.
- Cut out black shoe prints and make a path to somewhere she will be going and put a Hershey kiss on each footprint. At the end place a sign that says, "I have kissed the ground you walk on, now will you go to Prom with me?"
- Get to her house before she comes home and put huge letters on her garage door spelling out "Prom?"