My Bucket List
This weeks Finish the Sentence Friday blog hops sentence is
My bucket list includes....
As you get a little older the bucket list becomes more real. I am going to be 59 in a couple of months. Some things I would like to do become harder to accomplish as you get older. Things like running a marathon are much harder to do as you age. If you look around there are some older people running them so it would not impossible. Yeah, for me, realistically it impossible. I'm not doing that!!
Things that might have been on my bucket list when I was in my 20's or 30's just don't seem important anymore. I mean some of those heart throb guys have gotten ugly! And David Hasselhoff doesnt have Kit anymore!
It is really strange, but I don't think I would be upset if I didn't complete this fantasy "bucket" list in my lifetime. I have things that I would enjoy doing, just for the fun of it. I don't feel compelled to complete a list of things anymore.
I have raised four children who are happy, healthy and relatively successful. My youngest is leaving for college in 20 days. I feel I have accomplished the most important things in my life.
Now, the fun things!!!!
1. I want to take a ride in a hot air balloon.
2. I want to get to every state in the fifty states. I have been to 20 some. I would have to sit and count them up.
3. I don't know how many countries I have visited (at least 10), but I would like to make it to several more.
4. I would like to get fluent in French and then spend at least a month in France.
5. I would like to take my grandsons somewhere special and enjoy it with them for the first time.
6. I would like to get to 130 pounds (or whatever weight I get to and feel perfect) and stay for the rest of my life.
7. I want to be very physically fit!
Those things would be fun! Everyone needs to have fun to enjoy life.
Summer Fun with Friendship Friday
- Do you prefer to be indoors or outdoors on a hot summer day?
- Poolside or park picnic – which invitation sounds more appealing?
- What summertime activity do you dream of the most?
1. I prefer to be outdoors. I have spent the last 10 summers traveling with my son for his travel baseball league. We traveled four days a week and went to several states. This is my first summer to not travel. I am used to sitting outside at ballparks about 4 days a week. I have spent lots of time indoors this summer. I have been spending time working in my garden.
2. Poolside. I love being around the water. Parks are good too!
3. I enjoy gardening. I love flowers in bloom.
ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!!!