Sunday, July 7, 2013

Have Your Cake And Watch Your Belly Shrink!!

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!

Have your cake and lose weight!

On the new diet, The 100, after the first four weeks you can eat what you want as long as you stay under 100 sugar calories.

Sugar calories are determined by the carbohydrates gram multiplied by 4.  So if a slice of bread is 20 grams and you multiply that by four it has 80 sugar calories.  So, you might think that you can't eat much.  Well, that's not so.  You can make bread with other types of flour than wheat flour and eat bread.  One of the recommended flours is almond flour. 



In this less than 3 minute video, Jorge Cruise shows you how to make a very easy microwavable cake to eat. 




I really think this diet could be used long term and still be quite easy to adjust to your everyday life.   I could have a Skinny Muffin during the first two weeks, but I haven't tried them.  Maybe I'll do that this week!  It is also cooked in the microwave.

Recipes for breads are quite easy too!  I am not eating those things for at least 2 more weeks, but when the time comes I will post some bread recipes and will let you know what they taste like.  I am excited to start trying the recipes.

Shrinking Belly

I will weigh in on Tuesday to see my results for week 2.  I really don't think my weight loss will be that large.  After the 6 pound loss last week, I will be okay with that.  I really don't expect to lose all my weight in the first four weeks.  



My clothes are much loser around my stomach and waist.  I have been wearing size 8 shorts the last few days.  I really think this diet is making a difference in my stomach.  Belly fat is always a big problem for me, so I am happy to see my belly shrinking.


15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Gwen! I am trying to keep up with you!!

      Delete
  2. I make a recipe similar to this from time to time. Interesting that Jorge Cruise has simply re-invented a basic low carb diet under another name. Everything I've read indicates it is what I did when I lost weight but I'm glad that he is getting the message out there again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he has really stayed with the same basic plan as his Belly Fat Cure and just done a few little revisions. I really don't think there are the many possible diets so they are either on the mindset that it is carbs that make you fat or excess calories.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Betty... keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read an article in a magazine recently about The 100 Diet, and I thought of you! :) The article described the sugar calories concept. I think it was Health magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look for that article. I think most diets work if you can stay with them. I am having a pretty easy time staying with this one.

      Delete
  5. That is awesome Betty!! I agree with you that long term, this will be a piece of cake for you!! (no pun intended). Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!! I know you are working hard on your weight and healthy eating too! I really think it helps to have all the people who are going along with us.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Marion!! I still have a ways to go! Always enjoy your encouragement.

      Delete
  7. Sounds good to me! I need to lose some pounds before BlogHer! lol Thanks for linking up to my Monday hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda!! Thanks for hosting the blog hop. Good luck on dropping the pounds!

      Delete
  8. I love using almond and brown rice flours. They are great in baked goods. Coconut flour is another great non-wheat flour. Your doing awesome with your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty