Saturday, July 20, 2013

HAVING FUN AND LOSING WEIGHT!!

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!

Lunch on Saturday

I went to lunch on Saturday with a friend of mine.  We had a long lunch, we sit and talked and caught up with each other.  We went to Olive Garden.  I ordered salad.  It was delicious!!  I stayed away from the breadsticks and all the other great things there.  I really have no desire to eat them anymore.



This is not my salad, I just liked the picture!!
Although a friend of mine did get a salad once with a frog in it, not at Red Robin, but at another restaurant chain.  When she poked into the salad with a fork the frog jumped.


My friend and I had a really great time.  I haven't had a chance to really talk to her for a while.

Dinner and a movie

I don't remember the last time my husband and I went to a movie. It has been a long time.  The two of us have gone to movies with our son, but not alone in a long time.  Our son and his friends went to a movie last night.  I mentioned to my husband that we never go to movies.

When I got home from lunch today, my husband told me that we were going to a movie this evening.  I was surprised!  He really doesn't like to go to movies that much.   We went to see the movie Grown-ups 2.  We had seen the original movie and thought it was funny.  We went to the 5:05 showing of the movie.





It was fun to go to a movie.   It actually felt like a date.  My husband really enjoyed the movie.  He thought it was really funny.  I enjoyed the movie, but I thought there were some really dumb parts in it.  There were some funny parts, but a few too many silly parts for me.  Just having time with my husband made it fun, though.


This wasn't my burger either!

After the movie, we went to Red Robin, which is close to the theater for dinner.  At Red Robin, I had a burger wrapped in lettuce and a side salad.  I didn't eat any of the french fries they brought to our table while we waited for our food.  Really just didn't want any.

I didn't eat breakfast this morning.  I did eat a snack this evening.  I had some pickles and cheese.

I'm Not Hungry

I have to watch myself, because I don't really get hungry and I could easily go all day without eating.  I know that isn't good for me so I have to make sure I get in at least two meals a day.  

I was having issues with snacking a lot when I was heavier and I ate too much food at meals.  I remember feeling stuffed.  I believe that is a feeling you get from carbs.   I was stuffed and then in no time hungry again.  

Since I haven't been eating starchy carbs, I am seldom hungry. When I do eat I never feel stuffed.  I feel much better when I get up from a meal.  I love how I feel after really watching what I eat.  I do not want to go back to the old style of eating.  






12 comments:

  1. That's great Betty... I still eat a few carbs as I want to eat all food groups but I don't eat a lot. I don't feel hungry nor do I feel deprived. I rarely feel stuffed anymore which is great ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad this is working for your too! Once you get to the point where you don't feel hungry or deprived it is much easier. I like not feeling stuffed or having indigestion.

      Delete
  2. That's an interesting thing (not feeling stuff) and a great perk of not eating carbs.

    Boys (even grown ones) seem to like dumb in movies. I don't think they ever outgrow it. It's fun to watch them laugh, even if the movie isn't really funny to us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the guys. My husband and son have a good time laughing together at the dumb stuff. They don't understand why I don't see the humor in things sometimes.

      Delete
  3. I think it's great that you have to remind yourself to eat. I think about eating ALL THE TIME. I've looked around your website for meal ideas. Do you keep a log of what you are eating on a daily basis? I would love to know what you're eating. You look fabulous. I want to stop yo-yo dieting too.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really kept a log. I am not good at doing that. I can try to put something together to show you a typical eating plan.

      Delete
  4. It will be fun for your husband to rediscover your marriage/relationship as your son moves away. It's going to be so good for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we will have fun. We will miss our son, but it's time for him to do his thing now.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful Betty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yes, we did! We are learning to spend time without our son. We haven't done much of that over the last 18 years. We are going to be just the two of us in a month. Of course, he will be home sometimes, but basically it is going to be just us.

      Delete
  6. I can be bad about not eating also. However, I know that when I eat three meals a day my metabolism does better than when I don't :) It sounds like you had a great weekend, you are doing so awesome with your eating habits and weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! I did have a great weekend. I really think I do better when I don't eat unless I'm hungry.

      Delete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty