Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Weigh - Moms Spending $1,000,000.00

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!

Mom's Spending $1,000,000.00




In my last post I asked Mom's to spend $1,000,000.00 on themselves.  They were not to spend money on their children.  I think all moms, myself included, could not do it.  Why?

Mom's almost always put their families first.  

Sometimes, though, when you put your families first you are not doing what is best for your family.  When it comes to taking care of themselves, moms tend to put that aside to do everything for their family.   Mom's need to be selfish when it comes to their health.  

We keep foods that we think other family members want in our kitchen cupboards.  We know those foods are going to sabotage our diets.  We don't take time to exercise because someone in our family needs something.  

As moms, it is time to start giving our health priority.  We need to be in good health for our families and ourselves.  Please take the time to take care of yourself, so you will have energy to do things with your husband and your children.  Your long term health will benefit, too!!

My Weekly Weigh-In

Loss 24.5 pounds total

Starting weight - 184.5
Week one - 180.0
Week two - 179.5
Week three - 179.0
Week four - 178.5
Week five - 177.0 
Week six - 176.0
Week seven - skipped, was on vacation
Week eight - 181.5  
Week nine - 174.0
Week ten - 172.5
Week eleven - 172.0
Week twelve - 171.5
Week thirteen - 170.5
Week Fourteen - 172.0
Week Fifteen - 167.5
Week Sixteen - 169.5
Week Seventeen - 168.5
Week Eighteen - 168.0
Week Nineteen - 167.5
Week Twenty - 161.50
Week Twenty-One  161.0
Week Twenty-Two 159.5
Week Twenty-Three 160.0



Warning scale is 3 pounds light!  




After 4 weeks on THE 100 plan.  I have lost 7.5 pounds.  As you many have noticed, I went up 1/2 pound this week.  I finished week four on Sunday.  The first four weeks were very strict. Now I am eating a little more.  I have added in some fruit.  I still am supposed to stay under 100 sugar calories per day (that's any carb grams multiplied X 4).  It still doesn't allow for many carbs.   I will be staying with mostly proteins and vegetables, with a small amount of fruit.

I am not too concerned with the 1/2 pound gain this week.  It is probably due to salt.  I had a pickle craving for a few days.  If I wanted ice cream with them I might be worried!  My weight tends to go up if I eat salt.  It usually drops back in a couple of days.  

The good thing is my clothes just keep getting loser.  I feel better and look better so that actual number is not even concerning me.  I actually stayed off the scales for a few days.  I know I am getting smaller so why let the scales affect my mood. Here is a picture of me in size 8 shorts.  They aren't even snug.  This diet is working!!!












21 comments:

  1. Betty I love this! It's so true, we need to take better care of us so we can be around for our families. By the way you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! I wish women would think about their health in that manner, that they are doing it for their families and make it a priority.

      Delete
  2. It's funny, my hubby was telling me I have to put myself first to lose the weight. It really is hard thing to do.
    Yay on the size 8 shorts. You did great in the last 4 weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrin! Listen to your husband! Put yourself first, you will all benefit from it.

      Delete
  3. I agree Betty, I take the time to exercise, it makes me a better mama in the long run... sometimes my Valentina gets a bit upset but the truth is that she could walk with me, I am hoping that by taking care of me, this will inspire her to start taking care of herself as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Launna! You are an excellent example for her.

      Delete
  4. Way to go!!!! You are looking great! You are right, it's way more about how you feel, than what the scale is telling you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Sometimes that scale is just too negative and to get where I want to be I need to be positive.

      Delete
  5. Great job Betty:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post Betty! I am sorry I didn't have a chance to comment on the last one. You have done wonderful and it shows!! Congrats on the size 8 shorts and that they are lose too. I am so happy for you that you found what works for you. :)

    You are right too on making ourselves our #1 priority!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I hope you are making yourself a priority! You deserve it! I know with all the liver issues you are having a rough time figuring out what you can eat. Hopefully that will work itself out soon.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Linda! I hope you are making yourself a priority. You deserve it!!

      Delete
  7. Great post.
    New fan from Meet & Greet Blog hop
    http://powersofloveetsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are moving right along and doing awesome while you're at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing great with your weight loss! My weight can go up or down by about 2 pounds, it's normal :)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty