Saturday, July 6, 2013

Could Our Diets Be 100% Sugar By 2606?!??!!

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!  New Blogs Added!!!

100% Sugar - Is this a Joke?!?

I found an article on Whole Health Source written by Stephan Guyenet.  The article has taken some statistics from 1822-2005 and extended them out, according to the increase per year during those years in the statistics.  He has made graphs showing his results.  You really need to go over to his website and read his information.




One of the things that really caught my attention was the following statement:  in 1822, we ate the amount of added sugar in one 12 ounce can of soda every five days, while today we eat that much sugar every seven hours






Do you find this as amazing as I do??


What Would You Like To See Him Graph Next?

I am sitting here thinking what the graph would look like if he graphed the potential weights of the average male and the average female over that time period.


Changes for the future!!

I am hoping that we will see a reversal of sugar intake during those years and his graphs will be just something to laugh at.


Of course, it will never be 100%. 


If a few people ate a healthy non-sugar diet they would skew the results.  It is still scary to think that we are increasing at this rate.


My current results:

I am still eating pretty closely to The 100 diet.  I don't think my weight loss is keeping up with last week.  I do feel like my belly is slowly melting away.  

I may have added a few more vegetables that weren't really included yet, but no fruits.  

I many not lose as quickly as I would if I stayed exactly to his plan, but I am sure I will see continual weight loss.  

I also ate half of my first tomato from my own garden today.  I couldn't resist!  Tomatoes are allowed in my salads, only in a limited amount.  So I probably went a little over the limit.







5 comments:

  1. Yes Betty as a nation we eat way too much sugar and we exercise a lot less then our ancestors did... I am following a calorie intake diet as I like that I can play around with it, I am eating very healthy on it... I do allow a very small treat here and there but it is all counted. Weight loss takes time, unless we were to be dedicated to only it like they are on The Biggest Loser but that isn't a possibility for most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why aren't tomatoes allowed? I thought they were good for you, contained no calories etc. That stat about sugar is really incredible. I drink pop maybe once or twice a year, but think of the people who drink several cans a day...they have to be over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the interesting info Betty. I never would have known but really should not be surprised how much sugar is consumed. It is just scary!!

    You are doing great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It agree with you that there's a limit to percentile of sugar that the general population would tolerate. It won't keep going up, but it's terrible already as it is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that most of us eat way too much sugar. My tomatoes are almost ready to pick, I love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty