Monday, July 22, 2013

How Will You Spend Your $1,000,000.00?

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!




What would you do with $1,000,000.00?

Just for fun today I am going to write about something that has no bearing on weight loss.  Unless, of course, you decided to use the money to go to a fat farm or something.

Let's just pretend that you are the perfect weight and you are in perfect health.  




Do you remember the old show The Millionaire?  Probably not, most of you are way too young to remember that.  The Millionaire was a TV show that originally ran in the late 1950's.  I was too young then!!!!  It ran in syndication from the 1960's to the 1980's. See that's why I was able to see it.

Anyway, The Millionaire, would just show up one day and hand someone he had never met a check for one million dollars.  The show would follow them to see how the money affected their life.  It was not a reality show!!

MY RULES

In this case, I want to see you spend the money on yourself.  So, if I handed you a check for $1,000,000.00, how would you spend it?

If a stranger gave me the money to spend, and I had to spend it on myself here is what I would do......

SPENDING $1,000,000.00 

Being a typical mom, I would have a hard time spending it on myself.  You know how moms are, they want to take care of their families first.  I'm sure there is something the kids need.  

So, here is how I would spend it on myself.  I would travel!  Now, I really don't want to travel alone.  So, here I am cheating already!  I made this up, so I get to make my own rules as I go along.  I am taking my family with me.  My grown children would be fun to take on a trip.  I haven't had a trip with all of them.  My youngest has never had a vacation with all of his older siblings.  He is 18 years younger than his closet sibling.




It would be so much fun to take my entire family someplace really fun.  Would we go on a cruise?  How about a trip to an island paradise?  Of course, I love trips to Europe.  Oh my, so many choices to make.

I have it!!!  We will take a cruise that takes us to Europe.  It will have a stop at a beautiful island paradise.  Then we will have time to hang out in Europe and fly home via Paris.




I would love to show my grandsons the Eiffel Tower.  They would love it.  




My oldest son loves to snowboard.  We could have fun in Switzerland.  I think we might all watch him snowboard.  Ewww!  I have seen a few videos.  He scares me with all those flips and things!  Maybe I won't watch!  I am not taking him to Pamplona, Spain.  He went there last year and "ran with the bulls", not just once, but twice.  I worried from afar, I couldn't watch that!

Thank goodness, my other two sons aren't so adventurous.  I am sure they would have a great time exploring together.  Even though they are 18 years apart, they have a great time hanging out together.

My daughter would love showing her sons all the sights.  I would make sure she had some free time just to go and do some things with just her husband.  They don't get enough time for just the two of them.  Okay, here I am making this about my family again.




Maybe I would do some shopping in Paris.  I am skinny so I need to shop in Paris for clothes for my fantastic shape.




My husband and I could stroll through the streets of Rome.  Take a boat ride in Venice.  We could pretend to be young lovers as we explore the Italian countryside.  I have never been to Italy so this would be quite fun.





Okay, I am sure I have spent all of my $1,000,000.00.  I guess we will spend a lot of time traveling!

NOW YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY!!!

Now I need to know what you would do with yours!!!!  Please leave a comment and let me know how you would spend your money.


25 comments:

  1. Tax free, right? Does that mean if I pay off three mortgages, they don't suffer the tax consequences? (I'm a hopeless OCD Virgo.) I'd pay off both daughter's mortgages. And mine. Set up trust funds for all three grandsons, that no one could touch until they hit 25. Separate funds set up for college for them.

    The rest, in the bank, after a month-long trip first to Europe, then six months later the whole family goes to Tahiti. :)

    Bank the rest. :) (new Jag X8 for me, and whatever car Mr. Gwen wants.)

    Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it tax free! This is a fantasy, we can do whatever we want!! It sounds like you would have a fantastic time. I like the Tahiti trip too! Aren't Jag just the coolest cars!!

      Delete
  2. $100,000 if converted to our Philippine Peso will be 4,300,000 Php! I will pay in advance my 3 kids college tuition fee,Renovate our house, and buy a home gym and a 4x4 pick up truck for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would look great in that pick-up truck, especially after having all that time to work out in your home gym. I think we all just want to take care of our family first. It would be wonderful to have the kids college tuition all paid for and not have to worry about that later.

      Delete
  3. Fab idea for a blog post (i might pinch it at some point!)

    I'd spend A BIT of mine on a bigger house! Bank the rest, pack in my job, stay home having more babies and live off the interest!

    New follower from http://charliebeth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope you use the idea for a post! It's fun to read all the different answers. It sounds like if you could you would have a house full of little ones. I hope you get the chance.

      Delete
  4. Funny, I was wondering yesterday what I would do with more money. That question arised as I was eyeing a HUGE yacht... so I guess I would buy that, among other things. :-)

    I would give some to close family members and charities.

    And hire a lot of personel: cooks, nannies, maids, garderners, coaches, trainers, name it!

    And travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you will put lots of people to work!!

      Delete
  5. I would finally learn how to drive so I could drive across Canada and see this beautiful country.

    I would also fly to Europe and see all the countries I have wanted to see, like Portugal, Spain and Italy...

    I would take my family and my very best friend David... I would treat them all to the beauty of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to travel and I hope you get a chance to see Canada and all the other places sometime soon. There is a lot of beauty in the world, but the most beautiful are the people we love.

      Delete
  6. I would travel, and then settle on a nice little island with a cute community and paint.

    If I include my family, then of course it's pay off the house, pay for college for the kids, fix the *whatever is broken now, because it's always something* and then I'd be broke again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting sounds interesting. I would like to see your paintings! I think the family would enjoy being included, but tell them to quit breaking things! LOL!

      Delete
  7. Hey there! I was just reviewing your submission for The Pinterest Incentive Program and noticed I didn't have an email address for you. Could you send me one at your earliest convenience? That would be wonderful :o) Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1,000,000 only buys one house where I live :( Luckily we own our home so I'd give money to both kids to help with their mortgage, probably upgrade to a better home for us, invest money for the future and TRAVEL. I love to travel!!! We went to Italy again last year - I've been to Venice three times now. There are just so many places I'd love to visit yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Things are expensive there. I really would love to see Italy, especially Venice. I hope you get to see some of those other places you want to see. Traveling is just so great! I love meeting the people in all the places. I really think people are pretty much the same all over the world.

      Delete
  9. I'd take a world cruise too. Well, first I'd invest my 1 million so that I could make more on it, then have more to spend in the long run! Win ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's thinking. Stretch that million out as much as possible. Maybe our cruise ships will pass in the ocean somewhere. I'll wave to you!!!

      Delete
  10. Betty thank you so much for stopping by my blog!!! (Coily Locks) I just love this post! I'm def going to have to borrow this idea.

    Wow I wouldn't even know where to begin, considering its not as much money as it used to be. But my husband and I had mentioned before we would have some sweet condos all over the world and I want to make sure my parent are debt free and maybe give my brother some...a little! LOL

    And I would go on a 2 week vacation by MYSELF! No kids, hubby, no phone/computer...nada! Just relax and shop. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use the idea anytime! Condos around the world sounds good to me. And taking care of your parents and brother is so sweet. Our parents should be taken care of. I hope our children feel that way someday.

      A break from family would probably do us all good. Maybe you can get away for an hour or two to relax and shop!

      Delete
  11. Oh my! Since the rule is to use it on me, I would use it very similar to the way you did - traveling with family . I love to travel, and I've always wanted to go to Australia - among other places. So, after I travel and explore Australia, I would be headed to Europe and then to Africa to do some missionary work. This is a very fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your travels. Missionary work would be so rewarding!!

      Delete
  12. Pay off my student loans :) No really, I am from the fun generation that has a bunch. Then buy a bigger house. A million isn't as much as it once was I have a number of friends in Seattle that that is what the houses that their parents own are worth and they aren't even that big. I wish money went farther then it seems to now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it would be a huge relief to get the student loans paid off. I am getting to the point where I don't need a big house anymore. Since you still have a few kids at home you probably need more room though.

      It does seem that everything is costing more lately.

      Delete
  13. What are you going to do with that big plot of land? Are you an outdoors girl?

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty