Thursday, July 25, 2013

What Do You Like Most About Blogging? What Makes You Smile?

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!


It's Finish the Sentence Friday Again!!!  Yeah! Friday is here!!!

Are you ready for the sentence?

The Best and Worst Part of Blogging...



Best:  There are a few bests!

1.  The other bloggers.  It is amazing how quickly you can make a connection with someone when you just read their blog, and share comments with them.   And I am meeting people who live all over the world.  We have so much in common.  Blogging makes this world a much smaller place.

2.  A place where you can write pretty much anything you want.  Mostly, the names are withheld to protect the guilty innocent.

3.  I am becoming more computer savvy every day.  I have always used a computer for work, but I have learned to do so much more since I started blogging.  Unfortunately, I have so much more to learn.

Worst:  There are also a few worsts!



1.  The days when you don't have a clue what to write about.  Thanks goodness, when I start writing ideas seem to start flowing.  Sometimes, it takes a while!!

2.  When my husband complains about me spending so much time on the computer.  

3.  Wondering if anybody is going to read what I write.  Some of my posts that are feel are my best just don't seem to get many views.  Other times, I write something quickly and think it isn't very good and I get loads of reads, and comments.  WTH?

4.  Sitting up after everyone has gone to bed to try to get around to reading all the blog posts.  I love reading them, but there is only so much time in a day.  I keep finding more that I want to read.  

Are you a blogger?  What do find to be the best and worst parts of blogging?

I am also linking up with Friendship Friday.



This weeks theme:  What Make You Smile?

This one is easy.  My youngest grandson.  He is always so funny.  

At his older brother's baseball game a couple of weeks ago, the coach, Cesar, was talking to the team.  All the parents and the siblings were standing by, listening.  The coach finished up and then he said, "Okay, who am I going to pitch this next game?"  Jokingly, he pointed to my 5 year grandson and told him he would be pitching.  Then he told the boys who would really be pitching.

After the team broke up, my grandson walked over to the coach and said, "Hey Ces, I am going to need a uniform!"

Of course, he didn't pitch the next game, but the coach did bring him his own jersey.  

That little boy makes a lot of people smile, especially his grandma.

Also linking with:




Enjoy the Weekend!!!










25 comments:

  1. I am totally addicted to blogging - I don't go out to work, I look after my grandson at home so it is a great way to have social interaction. I have met many fellow bloggers in real life and it is a great community. I love too that I meet (online) people from all over the world.

    I've met up with a blogger in Greece and Australia as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda, I think I am becoming addicted too!! Meeting the people from so many different places is the best!!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean Betty... I LOVE blogging and I have connected with people all over the world. I met some really lovely people and got to know them through their blogs.

    The hardest thing for me is time, especially since I am exercising SO much these days, I wish I had two of me... as I have many blogs I follow and new ones always being offered... sigh... just so many hours in the day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you are talking about! I probably should be reading less and walking more! You seem to be walking so much you make me feel like a slacker!!

      Delete
  3. yes, meeting new people, if only through my computer is wonderful, I would be lost without some of them. New technology is a curse and a blessing, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right! I think I talked to more people in person before I started blogging. It has kept me from spending money though. I used to spend more time shopping, not I just read blogs.

      Delete
  4. My husband definitely used to complain about the hours I put in, but now I try to do most of it when he is at work and do take the weekends off. Plus he sees how much I love it and how it got me to branch off with blog designing. So thankfully that negative has gotten a bit better for me for those reasons. Thanks as always Betty for linking up with us and wishing you a great weekend now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have been able to work things around and keep your husband happy. I am also glad to hear you have branched out with blog designing. I hope you can continue to grow in that area.

      Delete
  5. The best aspects of blogging: having friends who care about health at the same level as you; practicing writing with an audience; announcing goals with follow-through; and putting up the gym pics for people who appreciate them.

    The worst aspects of blogging: never enough time to read everyone's blogs every day they post; frustration of reading blogs of people who are stuck but resistant to change; blogging takes a lot of time; sometimes, I am exhausted of blogging but feel I'm rude if I take a break from all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all your bests and worsts. You are such an inspiration to so many people, I'm sure we would all miss you if you took to long a break. Everyone needs a break now and then, so maybe a few days off wouldn't be too bad.

      Delete
  6. YES to the connections with other people.

    And sadly, as big a 'yes' to the lack of sleep for the sheer onslaught of wonderful reading material!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I would get more sleep if I gave up blogging.

      Delete
  7. Well I agree with you Betty and everyone else that there is just no enough time the day to read everyone's blog and I keep finding more to read. It is all worth it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Linda! I have a hard time getting to all of them every day. There are so many people that are so interesting. You are one of the sweetest people in the blogging world. I know everyone really enjoys your comments.

      Delete
  8. It really is cool to connect with people all over the world. In my case, many of those connections are with people in a culture that has historically clashed with my own, so it kind of feels like we're making headway toward peace somehow. Hey, every little bit helps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! People are learning that we all have many of the same issues and that just because we are in a different country or different culture we aren't really that much different. We all have families and care so much about them.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Betty. Nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I do appreciate it, and it's my pleasure to return the favor. Now, how could I NOT follow a blog with the gotta-love-it title of agutandabutt? I mean, really! Count me in as your newest groupie.

    As most everyone has already said, the BEST thing about blogging is the people, hands down. Smart, funny, creative, talented people from all over the world. I got into blogging at the advise of literary agents and editors, but I've stayed because of the people I've met. I never would have believed it's possible to care so much and feel such a connection with people I've only met via the blogosphere. Amazing, isn't it?

    The bad? I spend so much time researching, writing, and editing posts... and then responding to comments and visiting OTHER blogs to read and comment... my "real" writing gets the short end of the stick. I simply MUST learn how to manage my time better. Or not. (Hey! I LIKE blogging...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I hope you don't slow down too much on your real writing. I bet you have some really incredible stuff that needs to be written.

      When I first started blogging the old gut and the big old butt were my major concerns, so I thought "why not". I have lost a little of both of those, thank goodness!!

      Delete
  10. Thanks Betty for visiting my blog. I just became your latest follower.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick!! You are an incredible writer!!

      Delete
  11. I have been blogging for 2 1/2 years so things have changed a lot. There are a lot more blogs than there used to be, which is nice for the social interaction, but it makes it harder for your posts to be noticed also. And I never seem to have enough time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a veteran at this blogging thing!! I can understand how there isn't enough time. Blogging has apparently really taken off. You would think though with the increase of people on social media there would be many more readers too!

      Delete
  12. Once upon a time I was able to read every single post of what people wrote. But as I mean people I just pick what's in my reader when I get to my reader and then of course blog hops. Today you're in my reader ;-)

    I know what you mean about getting comments on your best work as opposed to something else. I really think it has to do with how short it is. I think my longer posts are the good ones but the short & sweet ones get the most comments. Now I try to stay within a 500 word limit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I made it into your reader today. I have done that too. I have a few people that I read everyday and then I just go random on the reader. Sometimes, I find some really fantastic reads that way. I also read from the hops.

      Delete
  13. I will try to stop by your hops this week!! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty