Friday, April 5, 2013

A-Z Blogging Challenge - The F Word!!!!

Today is a new day! This is the only day that counts!

Now what did you think the F word was?

I can actually think of a few great  F words that go together nicely.  My F words are fun, friends,  and family.  We have had some fun times with some of our friends here on vacation.   We went to dinner with a couple one night, I had fish to eat, and we had a cookout and invited two families another night.

This was our last evening, we went to Bubba Gumps for dinner.  It was an interesting meal.  We sat outside, the wait for inside was pretty long.  It had gotten cooler and was windy.  My husband and I both brought jackets.  Of course, my son and his friend wore tank tops.  It wasn't  long before they wanted to go to the gift shop and by sweat shirts.  My husband got up to go with them and realized he had something all over the backside of his white shorts.  Apparently, the last person in the chair had left behind a huge chunk of chocolate fudge or a huge chunk of something brown.

My husband was pretty upset.  It looked like he'd had an accident.  He had probably ruined a pair of shorts.  Well we ate for half price and got a coupon for two entrees and an appetizer for our next visit.

We have had a wonderful time here in Florida, there is another F word.  We are flying, oh no, another  F word, home this afternoon.   I didn't start out thinking about using F words all through this post, but they just keep flowing.  Another Spring Break has come to an end.  My son will be in college next year so this will probably be our last Spring Break. On Spring Break last year, my son and I went to France.  I am starting to feel a little forlorn about leaving the beautiful warm weather behind and fleeing the beach for home.



I caught my husband and son having a good time. I don't know what they were up to, but they were enjoying it. My picture isn't great, I had to take it quickly.

11 comments:

  1. I actually really like the photo with the slight hazy blur. It makes it feel like you really captured an intimate and fun moment instead of a posed one. Great job!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I wondered about posting it, but I liked the picture. It is fun when I catch them having a great father-son moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swinging through with the UBP and taking a moment to wish you a great day!
    Love your blog:) and I love the pic of your son with his dad. Such a special moment:)
    Nicky
    www.feelingtheemptynest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicky, I read your blog regularly, you have some really interesting posts!

      Delete
  4. Very nice....your title drew me in! Lots of awesome F words here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seemed like an appropriate title.

      Delete
  5. You will definitely miss your son when he leaves the nest. Thank goodness for cell phones and texting. Our family also Skypes are entire Christmas so that we can experience it together.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially since he is the last one. I know it is going to be so different around home. He is 18 years younger than his closest sibling, so he has been really close to my husband and I. His college is only going to be a couple of hours from home, but I know when they leave it's like they are going much farther.

      Delete
  6. My daughter goes to school in Florida. It's a great place to be.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture may be blurry, but what a moment it captured! Very sweet. I'm sorry the end of your vacation is drawing near, but I hope it's one you have fond memories of for years.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny :) I did actually assume the F word was, well...the F word :)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty