Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Water Gain!! What a Difference A Day Makes!! Ranting Again!!

My weight was up 5.5 pounds when I got back from vacation!  It was pretty disappointing, but I really felt like it was water gain.  Well, I know I only weigh in on Mondays, but I had to see if there was a change this morning.  I was down 3.5 pounds.  I hope I drop off the rest in the next couple of days.

I went to my best friends father's funeral yesterday, and people said I looked thinner.  I told them it was because I was wearing black.   I hope I really am starting to show some weight loss!!




Now I have another rant.  Do kids today just have more guts or just a lack of respect for adults and teachers.  My son came home yesterday from school and told me several kids were either suspended or expelled from school.  They had been on a school field trip right before spring break.  They went away for 3 or 4 days and when they got back they were out of school for the spring break week.

On Monday, when they showed up for school, they were asked to leave.  Apparently, on the trip they were doing things like slipping into each others rooms and showering together.  Others were smoking pot.  Is this me or does this show a complete lack of disrespect for authority?  


These kids are from families that have always spent time with their children.  The families that they come from are good families that really care about their children.  What makes the kids think it is okay to do something like this?  The parents have been totally embarrassed by their kids actions.  The kids that were expelled will not be able to come back to school this year.  That means no prom, and for the seniors they can't graduate with their class. 

I really think it is time for them to learn a lesson.  

Now I wonder if the punishments will stand or if the school will back down when parents get upset over the punishment?

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully, those good parents will support the school's decisions. When parents and schools support each other, it is easier for children to learn respect. Children need to learn that actions have consequences, and that they can choose their actions, but not the attached consequences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, 100%. I just hope they don't feel like the punishment is too much and feel like they need to help their children. They really need to start learning the consequences of doing stupid things. It just amazes me that they have no respect for the teachers and the school. This may cause this trip to be cancelled in the future for students who are respectful.

      Delete
  2. It is really sad....our kids are very desynthesized with reality shows and such. They see this happening all around them and then they think it is okay to experiment. Yes, it starts with the parents, but what teenager doesn't think their parents are too tough and just do what they want to do anyways. I commend the school for punishing them, and I hope the parents will back them up. It is a great learning experience for all. ( I speak from experience. I raised three boys who haven't been perfect.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this is a lesson for them. I know a few of the kids personally and they are really not kids who get in trouble. I guess you put a group together and they get carried away. Still, you need to learn at this age there are consequences before you get to things that have dire consequences.

      Delete
  3. first, congrats on the weight loss... I am sure you do look like you've lost weight - even if you don't see it.
    Kids... yikes, that is horrible. It's sad because I really think they just haven't got a clue about manners, respect, morals... Parent's aren't teaching it and the schools are too busy to parent every child. Really I hope the school sticks with the punishment otherwise, no lesson learned. For the parents who do try - I feel terrible for them when their kids stray... I can't imagine it's easy at all with so much negative influence out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really do feel sorry for the parents, they have worked hard to give their children so much and they children are showing so much disrespect for them by doing this. I know some of the kids are going to have extra punishment from their parents.

      Delete
  4. Every day is a new start (every meal is a new start too).

    As harsh as it is I hope that the school stands firm with their decision and doesn't back down to parents complaints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MaryFran, I am going to get there!

      I agree, some of those kids need a real lesson, before it's too late!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your weight loss! Um, 30 years ago I was one of those kids. I was president of the speech and debate team, we traveled a lot. One of our last away tournaments we got a bit "rambunctious". No sex happened, but the girls and boys rooms mixed in terms of sleeping arrangements, and we managed to get alcohol, so there was a little drinking (not much, I think we got 2 bottles of Cold Duck, split between 10 kids). A few days later the principal found out, let me know how disappointed he was in my leadership and everyone involved got Saturday detention. We did learn our lesson, and I'm pretty sure that's the last time I had Cold Duck!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty