Friday, April 5, 2013

A-Z Blogging Challenge - What Does The Letter E Stand For???

Today is a new day! This is the only day that counts!

I am doing the A - Z Blogging Challenge.  Each day you have to write a blog based on the letter of the day.  Today's letter is E.  At first I couldn't think of anything that started with an E.  All that came to mind was elephant.  Why would I want to write about an elephant?  After I gave it some more thought I began thinking of things that seem to be more on my writing path.  Since a lot of my writing is centered around weight loss, my E word is Eating.

I really don't think I have been eating as well as I should on vacation.  I really don't think I have been majorly overdoing, but I just feel like I should be doing better.  I have decided that when I get back home I have to be much more serious about what I eat.



In the past I have done a better job of staying with my eating plan. I just don't feel like I am as committed as I have been in the past.  Is it because my doctor has told me to slow the weight loss down or is it that I haven't really been motivated to change?  These are some of the things I have be considering the last couple of days.



In the past I have lost really well when I switch to all non-processed foods.  That pretty much means eating only fish, meats, nuts, fruits and veggies.  I will be thinking about making bigger changes when I go home. If I do that my weight loss will probably be more than the doctor recommends, so does that mean my changes are not going to be sustainable?

I guess I am still trying to figure this out as I go along.



5 comments:

  1. Vacations are tough when it comes to healthy eating. I try to stick to adding more veggies when away and walking more. This seems to have helped, even with the extra wine :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It's really hard to eat healthy while on vacation. Hang in there and enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck on your journey! My hubs and I have been trying to eat healthily for 5 years now and it is a constant battle, but day by day getting easier to fight. ;-)
    Your newest follower,
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vacations make dieting a nightmare. I am so looking forward to fresh veggies grown locally. For some reason...I diet better in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in South Korea and it has been quite easy to go into eating a 'clean diet' (no processed foods). I highly recommend it, and your body feels great!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty