Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A-Z Blogging Challenge - Changing Our Habits to Lose Weight!!

In the A-Z Blogging Challenge we are already up to letter H.

The letter H reminded me of one of the worst problems with weight loss.  BAD HABITS!!  

How many times do you just eat things out of habit?  When you walk through the kitchen and just pick something up and stick in in your mouth.  You don't even think about it.  You have been doing the same thing for years.

Weight loss is all about the changing of acquired habits.  Losing weight and getting healthy means developing new healthy habits.

People tend to get into habits when making meals.  You need to learn to cook differently.  Use more fresh ingredients.  Make new habits with your cooking!

Exercise can also be an acquired habit.  Most people complain that they don't like to exercise, but many times those same people will get into an exercise routine and complain when they can't exercise.  I know after I have developed an exercise habit and been on an exercise routine, I feel cheated on a day when I just can't make time to get in a full work out.  Exercise is very much an acquired habit!

Are you ready to create new habits aand get healthy?  Start you day with a walk.  If you can't do that take a walk after dinner.  You can start a new habit with just walking each day.  Once you start a few healthy habits its easier to continue building with more healthy habits!


4 comments:

  1. Amen, sistah! Preaching to the choir! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are changing your habits and I commend you! Now I need to get on your bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture and a very helpful post! I can honestly say...I did have bad eating habits and I think out of boredom. But, the busier I became, the less I ate! I don't snack. I eat twice a day. Should what I eat not be satisfying for some unknown reason, I will grab a yogurt. I also do not eat meats. www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Betty! My best new health habit is food journaling. I'm on day 190 today of consistent food journaling. It has made a WORLD of difference. I found out last night that our TOPS chapter of about 20 members is in the "top 30" of about 400 chapters in Wisconsin for weight loss. We were further told that we have a much higher than average amount of people who consistently food journaled. Not surprising that we are so successful, given that fact.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty