Thursday, April 11, 2013

A-Z Blogging Challenge - How Do Your Jeans Fit???

The A-Z Blogging Challenge is ready for the letter J.  One thing that most women think about that begins with the letter J is Jeans.  


When your weight goes up do you still wear jeans?  Or do you switch to some kind of pants with more stretch?  Do you go for sweat pants because they are comfy?  

Do you have to lay down on the bed and suck your gut in to zip the jeans?  I haven't done that for a few years.  I remember back in the day I was thin but jeans were worn tight and you had to lay down to get into them.  They would stretch out some when you wore them.

Thankfully, jeans are made with a stretchier material now.  It makes it easier to get into them.

When I feel like the jeans are too tight, I just think about how much more comfortable stretch pants or sweats would be.  I usually just go buy larger jeans though because I enjoy them so much.

My plan is to lose the weight so I can wear smaller jeans by fall.  I would like to be in size 8's by fall.  Okay, I'll be honest, I want to be in 6's by fall.  If I am in an 8 at least I will be better than I am now.  I have been wearing size 12 jeans for sometime now. 

I have a limit on weight I haven't been in jeans larger than 12's for a long time.  As soon as the size 12's start getting uncomfortable I cut back on eating.  Most of the jeans I wear have enough stretch that I can still wear size 12 in jeans when I am wearing 14's in other pants.

I do believe most women have a love/hate relationships with jeans.  

I just think they are so comfy and I can do about anything in them.

I don't have a certain brand, I just buy jeans by the way they fit.  When my weight changes a little my favorite jeans change to.

Some jeans hide the old muffin top better than others.  

How do you select jeans?  Do you have a favorite brand, or style?

19 comments:

  1. Kohl's Croft and Barrow, pull on/stretch jeans. I'm 61. I don't care if they are considered 'mom' (or grandma) jeans. They fit. They are comfortable. They look decent. That's all I need.

    I've dropped from a size 16 petite (oxymoron, huh?) to a size 12. I just ordered a size 10, and a size 8. I WILL be there by fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy most of mine at Kohl's but I never where the same brand. It's all about style and mostly fit. I get bored with the same kind.

      Delete
  2. For now, I select jeans based on what will actually zip up! Ha ha. I am short, so it extra-hard to find jeans that fit. I still have size 6 and 8 jeans in my closet from my slim days that I am determined to wear this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope with all of us encouraging each other we will all be in our skinny jeans by winter! Whoop whoop!!!!

      Delete
  3. I remember laying down to zip jeans when I was in school. Jordache were all the rage and they HAD to be tight. lol

    Bet you get into a size 6 soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can't see making myself that uncomfortable now, but at the time I had to wear those skin type Jordache jeans. I had a lot less to squeeze I to them though!

      Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. Oh I have been unable to find a good pair of jeans for the longest time... and I live in jeans. Seriously, they are the only pants I wear. I've finally broken down and am just trying to sew myself a pair of the perfect jeans... it's still a work in progress! haha

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Betty TaylorApril 11, 2013 at 6:58 AM
      Oh, I hope you write about them when you get it figured out. Maybe that could be a new business venture. Comfortable jeans for the comfortable woman!

      Delete
  5. I love jeans and buying smaller sizes as I lost 150 pounds was the best thing ever. These days I tend to like the Vera Wang jeans from Kohl's. I've learned to go by fit and not by size but that can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing!! I have worn the Vera's before. I need to lose some of my tummy for them to be comfy now. It is incredible how different the sizes are. I usually can wear a range of sizes, I just hate wearing the bigger ones though, I don't tell anybody if I buy the ones that are sized larger.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I hate buying new jeans almost as much as buying a new bathing suit. Right now my jeans are a little snug but I refuse to buy a bigger pair. I will wait until they get loose and then buy a smaller size. I am not really loyal to any brands and just am happy to get a decent fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought any since fall and I am not going to until I get to the size where I plan to stay. I have some in every size so I can use those until then. I guess that is added incentive to lose the weight!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I'd love to be back in size 8 by fall! Thanks for an inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all going to do this! Keep working on it.

      Delete
  8. I was thinking about those days, the Jordache days when we all had to lay down on the bed to zip up our jeans! I remember doing that, but I don't remember being uncomfortable...even though I can't imagine being comfortable in jeans that tight! I guess we suffered for fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we just thought that was the way jeans were supposed to be. And they did feel looser after you wore them a little bit.

      Delete
  9. Hi Betty! My jeans are currently too big, and my belt is too--meaning that I can pull them up and down without unbuttoning or unzipping. They don't look that bad because they are super stretchy and I'm not using the stretch at all for size, if that makes sense. I'm kind of excited about spring and capris. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, it means your diet and exercise routines are making progress!!!

      I am so ready to wear shorts and capri's. It was warm enough her this week, but the temps are dropping again tonight.

      Delete
  10. We used to take a big wooden coat hanger with us when we brought jeans, then one of us would lie down in the shop whilst the other hooked the coat hanger into the zip and tried to pull the zip up. If it was too easy they weren't tight enough. We were insane, obvious now!
    #atozchallenge
    maggie winter

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty