Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A-Z Blogging Challenge - Time Management (Effective or Not)

I have been thinking about writing something for the letter T.  Some times I spend so much time thinking about what I am going to write about, and changing my mind, that I use up way more time writing my blog than I should.

I think I seriously need to give some thought to my TIME MANAGEMENT.  I know I have many unplanned things going on right now and that is part of the problem, but it is not the entire problem.


I do not schedule my things properly and try to fly by the seat of my pants way too much.  

I have not been able to work exercise in for the last couple of weeks, and that is due to poor time management.  I need to schedule so much time for each of my activities and stick with it.

TIME MANAGEMENT is about planning your time well.  It is about taking time to prioritize your activities to increase effectiveness.  In order to accomplish the most in the time allotted it is necessary to set goals and stick to them.  If you allow yourself to be distracted by things not planned for you get off track and waste time.

Am I spending too much time planning my blog post, writing my blog post, reading other blogs, and commenting on other blogs, or do I spend too much time linking to blog hops.  I am thinking I should allot myself a set amount of time daily that I can spend on each activity.  Another issue is when I sit too long writing and reading on my computer I fall asleep. 



I know if I am falling asleep so easily when I sit down it is due to the fact that I am not getting the proper amount of sleep.  I have to work on getting more sleep at the proper times rather than falling asleep at inopportune times.  

Goals:

Getting more sleep by getting to bed by midnight each night.

Sit a timer allowing for 15 minutes each reading and commenting on posts.  (2 times a day).

Writing some blogs posts ahead for days when I don't have as much time available.

Sit a timer for time allowed on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media.

Joining with other bloggers who are Linking Up needs to be planned ahead of time.  Maybe it is only possible to participate once or twice weekly.

Allow time for exercise daily each day.



As I am writing about this I am feeling stress.  There are some things in my day that I can't plan for, which are the cause of major stress.  Recently, I have been dealing with my husband's mother being very ill, and the time required for visiting her in the hospital.  It is about an hour just to get to the hospital, so that can take a chunk out of my day.  I also spend time talking to my husband and his sister on the phone several times daily.

TIME MANAGEMENT will allow me to get control of the time spent on my routine activities and allow me to see how much time I am spending on each thing daily.    

Exercise will be a priority!!  

4 comments:

  1. I have long struggled with this also. I am finding though that if I wake up early to 'fit in' exercise, I have so much energy coursing through me that I am super productive and get stuff done! It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right! I really need to make it the first thing in the morning because it does help with energy. I used to always exercise first thing and it worked for me.

      Delete
  2. If I had a penny for every time I recommitted myself to time management. It's hard, especially when life throws you curveballs. I'm glad to see you have a plan, as that's usually the first big hurdle. This means I'm now looking forward to seeing a post about exercising sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement! I am going to exercise, maybe yet tonight. If not, I am going to exercise first thing in the morning. My first day of time management didn't go so well. My husband asked me to go to the hospital with him this morning.

      Delete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty