Monday, April 29, 2013

The Rain Keeps Falling ?? & Weekly Weigh-In


This is one of the worst weeks I have had for a long time.  It just seemed like I couldn't get anything going.  I have all those baseball games where I have to get the boys feed.  Due to all the rain we have had 10 varsity games rescheduled. They change the schedule every day trying to get all the games in.  And that isn't even including the junior varsity.  I get food ready and right at game time there is a rain out.

Then I had so much time running to the hospital, and eating out.  My mother-in-law has been in the hospital for over two weeks now. The hospital is an hour from home, so it takes two hours without any time at the hospital.  I went to the meeting with the doc's on Wednesday to decide her course of treatment.  We had to make the choice to put in a tracheotomy.  So that was stressful.

And to top it all off, my husband and I got into a big blow-up.  Maybe one of the worst ever!  I think we are all stressed to the limits right now.  He has been spending hours and hours at the hospital.

On Saturday, a big sore came up in my mouth, right where my partial sets.  My mouth got very sore.  I have been keeping my partial out today to try to let it heal.  I can't leave home without it though.  That would be bad!!

So I really didn't expect good results this week.  I know I haven't  been eating excessively and I have been staying away from sugar and breads, except for Saturday.  Saturday was probably the worst day I had, so I reached for a little bit of comfort with my food.  I have to quit doing that.

My exercise is still lacking big time.  I keep hoping things will slow down a little so I can take more time for myself.

Believe it or not, I dropped 1/2 a pound this week!  I would have liked more, but I am very happy.  I expected a gain so this was great.  Maybe when I lose the salt I will have a bigger loss next week.  A girl can dream, can't she?

Loss 12.5 pounds total

Starting weight - 184.5
Week one - 180.0
Week two - 179.5
Week three - 179.0
Week four - 178.5

Week five - 177.0 
Week six - 176.0
Week seven - skipped, was on vacation
Week eight - 181.5  
Week nine - 174.0
Week ten - 172.5
Week eleven - 172.0

160's here I come!!


Warning scale is 3 pounds light!  






At least some things are getting better.  When my son and I went to the hospital yesterday, my MIL was starting to come around.  As soon as my son spoke to her, she was able to barely get out his name.  That was the first time she had really spoken.  They have taken her off the sedatives since the last surgery on Friday.  That was the purpose of doing the Tracheotomy.  They couldn't wake her up with it in, because she panicked each time.  The doc's say she has been a miracle so far, and they expect her to recover if everything continues as it has for the last few days.  She hadn't really responded to anyone else, until she saw my son, her oldest grandchild.  She worked very hard to let us know what was going on with her.  She can't really speak because she has the vent in, but she was able to get his name out.  When we got ready to leave she reached for him and he gave her a hug and she kissed him on the check.  That was the first indication that she really knew what was going on.  The doc's told him that he must be pretty special.  The critical care doc was in the room and was amazed.

My husband and I got things straightened out again last night.  I think seeing his mother's improvement helped with that.  I think it gave him a little relief.  He even went to Chicago this morning to a work meeting.  He felt like he could leave her for the day.  So I hope things are on the upswing.  Thank goodness!!





11 comments:

  1. hugs, hugs, and MORE HUGS. You are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gwen, I keep thinking things will get better soon. I really haven't Ben hungry though.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry Betty. That's the way it always seems to go, one thing triggers another. I had a big blowout with my hubby this week too, just like your hubby he is stressed with my illnesses his mother, his siblings have dumped all the responsibility on him. Then he blows and takes it out on me over really nothing, we have been married a while so we get over it but it's still hard. I understand how you feel, you are amazing to take on so much, I don't know how you are still standing after doing all that. Have you had any time for yourself? You need to take care of you as well, so you don't end up sick too. Sorry, lecture over :) I just wanted you to know, I care my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Remember you are awesome! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a terribly rough week but guess what? You got through it AND you are continuing to lose weight---be happy! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your MIL, I hope her condition improves. To have weight-loss in stressful times as these is a blessing. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much stress! I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law. Take care of yourself, you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing, you know that? I hope things continue to improve and kudos to you for continuing to take care of yourself and your weightless goals during this stressful time,

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is awesome you lost weight even with all of the stress you are dealing with. It's not fun to fight, but it's understandable to end up in one when you are both stressed out and under pressure. Glad you worked it out. And how wonderful that his mother is improving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope things get better. :( At least you are losing - you should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. I know that's got be hard for the whole family. And then it is hard to focus on yourself when there are so many needs around you. Hang in there....praying that it gets better!!

    Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances. Things seem to be going a little better.

      Delete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty