Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dirt Pudding - Ready For the Colts Game

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!


Dirt Pudding 

Football game parties always need a yummy dessert!  One of my families favorite is Dirt Pudding.  What a delicious cool dessert.

Today we had a family birthday party for my son and I brought along Dirt Pudding for my husband and the grandkids.  We had a pool party and had lots of food to eat.  My son and I don't eat sugar anymore so we avoided the Dirt Pudding.

After the party it was time to watch Notre Dame Football.  The game just finished up with a big Notre Dame win against in state rival Purdue!  Go ND!!

We are all primed and ready to watch our favorite Indianapolis Colts play the Miami Dolphins tomorrow.  We have a few season tickets in the family so I get to attend a some games.

Here are some pics from last week's game with the Oakland Raiders.





The Manning Brother's Match-up!

When it comes to the Manning brothers, I like them both very much.  I mean, Peyton belonged to Indianapolis for so many years. We had to root for his little brother, Eli, except when he played against Peyton.  

I know, I know, Peyton has moved on to Denver.  Peyton will always have a place in my heart.  I root for him, except when he plays my Colts.

Here is one of my old Manning jerseys!  I have a few of those.  


Dirt Pudding Recipe


3 1/2 cups Milk
2 sm boxes French Vanilla Pudding
1 12 oz tub Cool Whip
8 ounces Cream Cheese
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter
1 Pkg Oreo Cookies

Step 1 - Crush 2 rows of Oreo Cookies.  Put into a 9 X 13 container.

Step 2 - Melt the butter and mix with the crushed Oreos.

Step 3 - Press the Oreos and butter mixture into the pan.  Put in the refrigerator while you make the filling.


Step 4 - Pour the milk into a mixing bowl.  Add the pudding and mix for two minutes.  Set aside.

Step 5 - Cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.


Step 6 - Add the Cool Whip to the pudding.

Step 7 - Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and mix thoroughly.



Step 8 - Pour over the Oreo crust you made in the earlier steps.

Step 9 - Crush the remaining row of Oreos and sprinkle over the top of pudding.  Refrigerate at least one hour.


I am not sure where I got this recipe from.  It may have come from Pinterest.  I have been using it for a few years so I really can't tell you.  It is so great!  It has been popular every where I take it.  My son's high school football team members would get some of it when they went through the line for regular food.  They were afraid it would be gone when they came back for dessert.  I always made at least a double recipe.  

Grab some Dirt Pudding and enjoy the game!!

I linked this post with Blog Hop Blitz!








11 comments:

  1. I remember having this pudding when I was a kid at a football party! I haven't had it since then, but I remember it was GOOOOOOD!
    Thanks for the recipe. =0)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, Kim! I hope you really enjoy it. It is very Good!!

      Delete
  2. Never had it, but it looks so good! You're right -lot of sugar in the ingredients:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dirt pudding looks yummy... however; I will have to pass on it like you did... sometime in the future I could make it for a function and have a half cup:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually make this, but with chocolate pudding as my mom always made it this way, but I like the variation here with vanilla pudding, because quite frankly, I am more a vanilla person then chocolate. So, I am so going to try it this way. Thanks so much for sharing Betty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks awesome. I have to say being from NJ I am more of an Eli fan. I found you on blog blitz

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really does look delicious! :D

    I just found your blog and am now following! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. The recipe looks wicked and delicious!
    (Stopping by from MommyMonday)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, I couldn't believe it when I stopped by to check it out - I tried this several years ago at my sister-in-law's house and it was so good. I got the recipe from her and then lost it and my husband is still talking about how I lost the best recipe in the world. Won't he be surprised when I make this for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, that looks so good, my family would love it! I was really rooting for Eli, since Peyton gets a lot of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This recipe looks great--I know my family would love it, I'll have to give it a try.

    *Pinning this

    (Stopping in from Hump Day Blog Hop)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty