How to Lose Stomach Fat
When I started this blog I chose to name it Losing My Gut! I was very upset with the size of my belly sticking out. It had gotten to the point that it seemed to be the first thing that arrived anywhere.
I named this blot Losing My Gut hoping to lose weight and reduce the girth of my gut. I have dieted before and haven't really reduced my stomach that much.
What I Found Out About How To Lose Stomach Fat
1. High insulin causes stored belly fat. (Duh! No wonder I was pre-diabetic!)
2. Too little protein (Protein keeps insulin levels lower)
3. High Cortisol (I'm still working on this one) which is caused by sleep deprivation and stress.
Diet To Lose Stomach Fat
I have been following The 100, which is mostly Paleo/Primal/Low Carb. If you don't have the book it basically starts you out with very low carbs for about four weeks and then allows you to eat 100 sugar calories until you reach your goal and then increase your sugar calories to a maintainable level.
Sugar calories are any carbs multiplied by 4. So that means you can eat 25 carbs daily. My carbs are mostly fruits and vegetables.
Paleo is just eating real foods basically. Real foods are things that are grown naturally and animals.
Here are foods you can eat:
- Meat (local or grass-fed)
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Healthy Fats ( Avocado, Cococut Oil, and Olive Oil)
- Water (Lots of water)
- Flour (Such as almond meal and coconut flour) I have been staying low on these until I get to my goal weight.
- Cheese (This is more on the Primal line, but I can't give up all cheese)
This picture was taken a few weeks ago. I have lost 32 pounds, but more importantly it has gone from my stomach. I am seeing the beginnings of the body I had when I was younger. I still have some stomach fat, but I seeing it decreasing each week.
Results of Others On The Paleo/Primal Diet
Fat or Fit? Changing the Status Quo
Sky n Surf
How to Lose Stomach Fat Wrap-up
I hope you took a look at those blogs. The great thing is myself and the others are all around 60. Marc is the youngster in the group at 57. I'm going to be 59 next month, and Gwen is already in her 60's.
If we can do this, it has to be easier for those of you that are younger.
Maybe it's time to do a Paleo/Primal Challenge!