Sunday, September 1, 2013

Summer Solstice

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!

Summer Solstice


Summer Solstice


What is your favorite season?  That is the question of the day.  

Are you a person that lives for the fresh smell of spring.  Do you love to see the first flashes of color when the spring flowers pop through the ground?  The spring rains smell so fresh!  Spring brings the joy of new life.

What about fall?  Do you love the beautiful multicolored leaves that come drifting down to the ground?  Can you just imagine those leaves crunching under your feet?  Do the cooler, shorter days make you smile?  Oh fall has so much to offer.

Do you love walking through a winter wonderland?  Do you long for the fresh snow that is untouched by human or animal?  Imagine the sparkle of the sun on the fresh snow.  The crisp, cold days are short and allow you time to sit around a fireplace and relax with a book.  

Ah, but, my joy comes in summer.  When summer solstice comes around I am in my element.  I love the long, long days.  I love the heat that comes in July.  I love watching a baseball game and feeling the hot summer sun on my skin.  My garden beckons me.  I spend the days of early summer getting my garden to bloom all the colors of the rainbow.  The late days of summer are lazy, yet still warm enough to wear shorts and just sit outside on the deck.

As you can tell I find joy in all the seasons, although summer is my favorite.

Which season brings joy to your life? 

My Life 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I am blogging with the September Blog Every Day Challenge. Please come join us!  It will be fun!  Karissa has all the prompts on her blog at Fresh Start On A Budget.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Betty - I enjoy all four seasons because each one brings new beginnings and annual celebrations/holidays to experience and we get to celebrate everyone's birthday - again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Betty - Autumn is my favorite but each season has it's own beauty for the reasons you stated. Summer is harsh here and so usually by mid July I am dreaming of Autumn. It's been an awfully HOT summer here in Northern California and quite frankly I am done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite season is the Fall, I love the cool crisp air, the colorful leaves that crunch under my feet when walking. I then love spring, then summer and least of all winter... it is way too long and much too cold.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty