How to Get Over 400 New Followers on
Update on Pinterest Followers
Each month I have been giving updates on my growth of social media sites. This update is for Pinterest. My previous posts are I gained 375 Pinterest Followers in the Last Six Weeks and
600 New Pinterest Followers in 2 Months.
My post I Gained 375 Pinterest Followers in the Last Six Weeks has been very popular. It has been read more than any other post on my blog. It gave many pointers and included a video by some great bloggers who have been doing a series of Hangouts to teach new bloggers to increase their pageviews. I have learned so much from them. I am going to post the video again in this post so if you have time you will really learn so much if you watch it.
I started keeping track of my Pinterest followers on July 1.
July 1 - approximately 1600
August 11 - 1979
August 31 - 2193
September 30 - 2610
So, in 3 months I have increased by 1010. I am increasing at a faster pace as I go along.
They great thing about this is as my Pinterest followers increase, my blog pageviews increase. Pinterest is my number 2 source for pageviews.
If you are interested in increasing your pageviews you will want to work on increasing your Pinterest followers.
If you read my earlier post I Gained 375 Pinterest Followers in the Last Six Weeks it will tell you how I started gaining and the strategies I used.
I really don't want to spend time repeating all those because I have new information I want to give you. If you missed the previous information go take a look.
Here are my top 10 tips
1. Make your photos pop! You can do this by taking great pictures and by editing your photos with sites like PicMonkey and iPiccy. I posted a couple of posts with tutorials on using PicMonkey. How to use PicMonkey and PicMonkey What Can I Do? There are several great videos on YouTube if you need to know more.
2. Use Hashtags! You need to use hashtags to make your pins searchable. Your hashtags should be what someone would search for to find your pin. If you are pinning something on Weight Loss, your hashtags might be #WeightLoss #LosingWeight #Diet , you get the idea.
3. Go back to previous pictures and make them look better and repin with the improved picture. I have done this with a few of my old posts and I have started getting pins from them.
4. Make your boards inspiring. It's important to work on your boards and make sure the cover picture is compelling.
5. Join group boards that have lots of followers that are in your niche. When you post to the boards lots of people will see them and maybe come to visit your blog or follow you.
6. Join Pinterest Linkys. There are several good linkys to follow. I have increased my following by doing this. I mentioned some in the previous posts. These linkys come and go so you may have to look around for them.
7. Many of the new blog hop/linkys are now pinning your posts. If you link up with them you will have your posts pinned. Some only pin the featured blogs of the week and some pin all the blogs. You may also be pinned by fellow hoppers. I have been a featured pinner in The PINcentive Blog Hop this month. I was able to submit 2 pins to be pinned by 30 other pinners.
8. Follow other pinners and repin some of their stuff. This may encourage them to follow you back. Find pinners that are in your niche and have pins that are recent. You also may want to follow some of the people that followed them recently.
9. Pin throughout the day. You can pin 3 or 4 pins every 2-3 hours. It takes only a minute to do this and you are seen throughout the day. Chances are people will repin your posts and follow your boards.
10. Pin your posts to multiple boards. If you have a board for weight loss, another for fitness, a group board for sharing posts you can pin to all of them. You may want to pin to them at different times of the day, not all at once. I also will wait for someone to repin my initial post and then repin their post to another board. Apparently, it's better for you to repin someone else's pin.
Here is the video. If you want to learn about increasing your Pinterest followers you really should take the time to watch it. It is a little long, but the information they give you is worth the time invested.
Are you ready to Get 400 New Pinterest Followers?