Thursday, September 12, 2013

Twerk!

Make sure to take a look at My Weight Loss Blog Directory!!!



Twerk  #Twerking

Twerk!  Twerking!  Whatever!

A week or so ago was the first time I had ever heard of twerking.  I kept hearing about Miley Cyrus twerking.  I had to look it up to find out what it was.  

Unfortunately, that wasn't the last I heard of twerking!  Since then I have seen someone twerking daily on some television show.  

I was supposed to write about my pet peeve today.  Well, my newest pet peeve is twerking.  I just don't see any reason that I should have to see anyone's behind shaking at me.  Many of those doing the twerking do not have the best looking behinds to begin with. It's beyond me why they feel comfortable putting it out there for everyone to see. 

My Twerking Research

Apparently, twerking has been around for a while and they actually have songs and music for it.

While researching YouTube to find the video I attached I saw so many eye-opening videos about twerking.  Did you know that people go to public places and video tape themselves twerking. Watch out!  You could be in Wal-Mart and have someone start twerking(shaking their buns) in the bakery department or just shivering their backsides in the frozen food area.  

Now if you decide to twerk it is really important to record yourself and put it on YouTube because there are millions of people that want to see you Twerk.  Just don't catch yourself on fire.  Oh, right that one wasn't real.  Jimmy Kimmel faked that one.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHdiutY4XqA

I like this video.  Take a few minutes to watch.  It's not very long.

So do you twerk?  Send a video please!  Attach the link to your video in the comments because the world is waiting to see you twerk!

______________________________________________________
Here are my last five entries in the September Blog Challenge.  You can find links to the previous ones at any of the links.

Chores, Chores, Chores
I love European Countries
Paris
Respect
The Definition of Advice


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am blogging with the September Blog Every Day Challenge. Please come join us!  It will be fun!  Karissa has all the prompts on her blog at Fresh Start On A Budget.


Why A Blogger


Don't forget to leave your Twerk link in the comments!

20 comments:

  1. LOL, I definitely do not twerk! I got nothing against Miley if that's what she wants to do. I personally just could never do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my body even moves that way. I just can't understand how these people think they look good.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED her video on how to twerk! Keep it at home for your man. LOL Well I do twerk a bit in Dance it Out class but that for exercise and a bunch of women in there...LMAO! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twerking in exercise class is great! I bet it really works your body. I thought the girl in the video was hilarious!

      Delete
  3. Love that video!!! I almost didn't click on it. I didn't know what it was before all the Miley Cyrus uproar. I had heard it a lot before then but I had gone so long without asking was it meant that I was embarrassed to. Kinda like my dad asking was LOL was after I'd written it to him in a e-mail a thousand times. No twerking for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be out of the loop. I hadn't even heard the work until Miley. Then I started seeing videos of people twerking all over the place. I was hoping people would take a minute and watch the video. The girl was so right!!

      Delete
  4. I've seen little 11- 12 year old girls on facebook doing it and it just looks so sexual and gives these perverted sick headed men something to lust over. It's like women are enticing men in public to lust over them, because they want attention and little girls are getting the wrong attention. Yea doing it for your man in the privacy in the bedroom is fine it's spices up the marriage lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think that those young girls parents are asking for trouble when they let there little girls post things like that on facebook and other social media sites. Yes, we all need things to keep are marriage a little on the spicy side.

      Delete
  5. No way do I twerk... I don't like showing off my butt as it is... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I right there with you on this one. My butt has gotten tiny now though!

      Delete
  6. When I came across this post I had to stop over. I also didn't know what it was until Miley. I agree with Trina above. I am no prude, but it is a shame that society thinks these things are ok (for example Miley's performance). Yet they forget that young girls look up to these celebrities and singers. Then society wonders why young girls are so sexual.

    Then on another note they are providing 14 year olds with the morning after pill without thinking that maybe these girls might be passing them on to even younger girls. I just see sexual transmitted diseases increasing in the future in the tween age group. Due to the morning after pill of course and not the Twerking. Lol. Those dispensing these pills and agreeing on them now are not going to take the blame for it, they will blame it on something else. I have two daughters who are now in their twenties and I am so glad they never followed these trends. I can go on and on about these things, but why bother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to do more to protect our teens. They are exposed to way more than they should be. They never get to be children anymore. Society wonders why are there are so many depressed people in this world. I think it is pretty easy to figure out.

      Delete
  7. A friend of mine learned to twerk for some reason and so a how to twerk video was put on his facebook. I tried it, my hips didn't really move, and that was the first and last time I will try LOL I just wish it would go away!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you didn't video tape your experience. I'm sure we would have all enjoyed it.

      Delete
  8. I am ready for this craze to pass us on by. I wonder if this was what it was like when the Twist first went crazy. Minus the social media aspect of course. Visiting from #LOBS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, I never thought of it like that. It probably was similar to the years when the twist got started. I know older people were outraged by the twist.

      Delete
  9. I totally thought the girl on fire twerking video was for real and my husband called it "fake" the 2nd time we watched it. Crazy! No way will I video tape myself if or when I try to twerk!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the fire twerking until I had heard about the fake. I would have fallen for it. You are going to deprive society of your twerking video. Surely not!!

      Delete
  10. I am so old fashioned! You will definitely not find me twerking, lol!
    The video was perfect!! She laid it out there! And it is so true!!
    People forget the mess they put out there on the internet is there FOREVER!! And it will come back to haunt you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to Jae Tracie for making it plain. All of this ratchetness... Lord help us. What is wrong with us? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty