Sunday, February 10, 2013

Am I ready? My Diet Plan

I need to get started early tomorrow and eat breakfast, then head off to the gym.  Last year about this time I started with full intentions to get into great shape.  The first day I went to Curves to work out.  Well I did my workout and then just about passed out.  My blood pressure had skyrocketed.  I wasn't allowed to work out again until I saw my doctor.

The doctor wouldn't let me work out for two weeks.  I had to start taking a new blood pressure medicine and a cholesterol medicine.  Lovely!!  I did really well, started to get in good shape, had lost about 18 pounds and then I had to start traveling with my son for his summer travel ball league.  We were out of town about four days a week.  When that slowed down a bit the Curves I had been going to went out of business.  It was just hard to start somewhere else.  I had built friendships there and felt like I belonged.  So I just quit!!

This time I need to stay with it.  I am not going to be able to eat all the great foods I would like to eat anymore, at least not as often.

I have decided to start with a diet of very little processed foods and no foods with lots of processed sugar.  I have done this before and it worked very well.  That will get me started and get the sweets out of my system.
This means I can eat meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and maybe a little dairy.

If I could have my choice it would be something like this:  I had this meal in the Bavarian area of Germany a few months ago.  I love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty