Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Linking with my Ladies - My First Blog Hop

Today is a new day! This is the only day that counts!

I was invited to join a blog hop today.  I thought it might be fun to be a participant in the hop.  

I spent time last night going around and looking at some of the blogs and making comments.  I became a follower.  It is amazing how many different blogs there are and all so different.  They all reflect the personality of the creator.

That makes me wonder, does my blog reflect my personality?  I don't know if I have gotten comfortable enough yet for it to really be me.  I think I may still be at the point where I am learning who I am.  You would think that at almost 59 I would know who I am by now.  I really think I am comfortable with being myself, but writing and putting your personal thoughts out for everyone to read is a little different.

Who am I?  I am a mother of four children.  Well actually four adults now.  My first husband died when I was 24 and I had three children ages 2, 4, and 6.  For a few years I was really only a mother.  I had three children that needed me so desperately.  It was a while before I started dating again.  

I later got remarried and I had another child, he is 18 now, so soon I will no longer have a child at home.  I have had a child of mine living in my home for 40 years now.  So I will have many changes in the next year.  I am a grandmother now too.  I have grandsons that are 5 and 10.  Is this who I am?

A little over a year ago my job was downsized and I left work to stay at home again.  I have looked for work but the job market is horrible now.  I didn't want to go to work for next to nothing.  That was depressing at first and definitely caused some weight gain.  I have come to terms with that and I have found a new niche.  I have been working on my genealogy and blogging.  

I think right now I am a wife, a mother, and a grandmother who wants to be healthy and be around for many years to enjoy my family in a different way.  That means I need to make a priority of taking care of myself.  I have raised my children to take care of themselves and to do what makes them happy.  I need to do that for myself.


Okay, if I have been rambling, please forgive me.  I shouldn't write late at night!




28 comments:

  1. Or course you should write late at night, that's what bloggers do. ;)

    Good luck w/your goal! Glad to see you at the hop.

    I'm visiting today from Linkin with my Ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty. I enjoyed your ramblings, late at night in the stillness, when we can collect our thoughts in peace, is a good time to ramble. The dreaded word 'willpower' will be your follower and friend in this adventure. I'm on that road now, BMI too high, need it down a few points. Getting there slowly, no fads just common sense and willpower. You will at times fail, so what, get up, dust yourself down, and get on with it. Michael.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes I am not so good with willpower. I am working on it. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed meeting you. Blog hops are fun! Thanks for visiting with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been having loads of fun meeting everyone. I love all the posts. So great! Thanks for hopping over.

      Delete
  4. Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog. Really enjoyed your reading your "ramblings" and looking forward to following by e-mail.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh loved getting to know a bit more of you here Betty and sounds like a good plan that you have to be around for years to come!! Happy to be following back now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you! I think who we are is something fluid that continues to evolve as we get older... I know I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago and I expect I'll feel the same 10 years from now.

    Thanks for stopping by for a visit, sorry about the pancakes :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤... Jennifer
    http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually loved the pictures, just can't make right now! Maybe later for my husband and son.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by the blog. I thought I'd return the favor! :) Love what you've written here. It is so important to take care of yourself. When you do so much for others, you need a little for yourself, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, it is fun getting to see what everyone else is doing. All the blogs from Linking with the Ladies are great!

      Delete
  8. Very interesting post Betty! It was good learning more about you. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog. I am happy to follow back. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following Judy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your blog.

      Delete
  9. Hi Betty! Thanks for stopping by. I loved this post and can completely relate to most of it. It is so true that you have to take care of yourself. I've learned that recently. After my son, I've struggled with losing the weight but I made a few changes to my diet (plus chasing an 8 month old around) and I've had great luck. I followed you on GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chasing an eight month old around it great exercise. They never let you sit for long. Thanks for following me.

      Delete
  10. I have found my favorite blogs from blog hops....and learned so many different points of view....
    I am now your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't gotten through all the blogs, intend to and I will definitely follow you back. Does that mean 8 children?

      Delete
  11. Glad to find you through the Blog Hop and it is ALWAYS ok to ramble ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leti. I guess I will keep on rambling and being me.

      Delete
  12. I love your blog background, very cute! Thanks for the follow, following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I just recently changed it. Thought I should bring healthy into everything in my life.

      Delete
  13. Love your rambles Betty! Don't ever stop! So honored to read that I was the host of your first blog hop! I'm so glad you found us. Thanks so much for linking up and I'm glad that you are enjoying the hop.
    Can't wait to hear more of your "Ramblings" :)
    Katie~
    http://dysfunctionsjunction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katie, I have so enjoyed the blog hop. I have see so many incredible blogs!

      Delete
  14. Aw Betty ... what a meaningful post. I am so glad you joined the hop ... I co-hosted for the month of Feb and I agree, what a great experience to see other blogs on the web. Not only is inspiring, but it's great to read others' stories. And you know what, as we get older, our priorities change. I am 25, but only a few years ago I was worried about prom! Now, I am career driven, and I am sure in a few more years, I will be family-driven. Great to have "met" you.

    Emily
    A Day in Durham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what's weird is it doesn't really seem so long ago that I was 25. I truly enjoy life and my family. Career is very important too. I really enjoyed working after my children were raised. My job got down-sized so I have been home for a while. Miss the stress!

      Delete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty