Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Secrets of Happy Families - Go Out and Play

Today is a new day! This is the only day that counts!

This isn't about weight loss, but I saw something I found interesting on the news tonight.  They were talking to Bruce Feiler about his new book The Secrets of Happy Families.  He says families should be like teams.   Like a Navy Seal team, where everyone cooperates.  Every member should have a say, and their opinions matter.  Things should be planned out by the group.  

He has a new approach to family dynamics.  You know, it might be worth a try.  I think I am going to get the book just to find out what it's all about.  I only have one child still at home and he will be off to college in a few months.  Who knows, it might still have some information that we could use.  Maybe it could even be adapted to married couples.

Three of the things that he mentioned were:

  • Adapt all the time
  • Talk a lot
  • Go out and play
I think all of the above would be positive for a married couple.  Sometimes we get set in our ways and don't like change.  Most married couples don't really talk.  And going out to play keeps things fun and happy.


So go buy the book!  I am not affiliated with the book or making any money off it either, I just think the plan sounds very good. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting....and honestly, the concepts seem spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, really just treat everybody with respect, and give them yout attention. Seems simple enough, but we forget sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty