Monday, February 18, 2013

Looking in the Mirror!

I have been looking in the mirror at myself with no clothes. I look worse than I have ever looked. In the past when I have gained weight. I used to be able to see some firmness under the flab. Now everything seems to be hanging.

I imagine what it would look like it I got a nip and tuck. You know at times it seems like that would be so easy. Just have them tighten everything up. Physically I would look better, but would it improve my health. Probably not!

My best friend went in and had surgery a few years ago. She had several surgery scars on her abdomen before she had the surgery. She hated the way her body looked. She spent $17,000 on plastic surgery. New boobs, tummy tuck, and leg and butt lift.

Was she happy? At first she loved her new look. Her scars looked so much better, so that was great for her. She told me if she had it to do over, she wouldn't do it. The pain was horrible. She had to lose weight to have the surgery. After the surgery she still has the same weight issues she had before. She still has a much tighter abdomen though. She got bigger boobs and now she struggles with finding a bra that fits properly. I really don't feel she is any happier with her body than before.

I could do lots of things with $17,000 that would make me much happier. When I think about surgery, I tell myself I can lose weight and exercise. Then I can take the money I saved and go to Paris. I love Paris! A week in Paris would make me happy for a while. I could probably get three trips with that money, that's about three years of happy. So unless I win the lottery and just have more money than I know what to do with, I probably will never have surgery. I also don't think the risks are worth the outcome,



I guess this means I am going to have to just work harder to make the woman in the mirror more to my liking. And I guess I also need to remember that she is nearing 60.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know a gal who had it, TWICE (because she put the weight back on again), and the pain is miserable. For weeks. I think 3 separate trips to Paris (or 2, and one to Tahiti?) sounds like a MUCH better use of $17K! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an idea. The problem with Tahiti is I have to get into some kind of shape to put on a bathing suit.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need to learn to love ourselvs for who we are and then our body image issues will fade somewhat.

    When I lost the weight the first time I had decided that when I lost the weight I would go for the surgery. THEN I stumbled upon two separate blogs who chronicled their recovery...in detail with pictures. I'm a wimp...I said NO WAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. When I take a look in the mirror sometimes I forget for a few minutes though. I just can't imagine having unnecessary surgery. There are so many risks.

      Betty

      http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

      Delete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty