Monday, February 25, 2013

Weigh-In !! A Good Week?

Today is a new day! This is the only day that counts!

Well I started my day with my weigh-in.  I am not so excited about it.  I dropped 1/2 pound this week to 179 1/2.  I lost 4.5 pounds last week.  I am a little disappointed, but I am telling myself that this is for the long haul.  One week is such a small section of that time.  

Since I had a big drop the first week, I probably am just leveling out a little this week.  I just hoped for a bigger showing.  I did have the chicken mixture which I know has a lot of salt, so I may be holding on to some water too.  Oh well, it will all work out over time.

I need to start this week on a high note.  Getting disappointed causes you to slip sometimes, and I don't intend to do that.  I also have to be able to enjoy things.  I have 39 1/2 pounds to go.  If I average out my weight loss to 2.5 pounds per week, that's not so bad.  If over the next 5 weeks I could lose 5-10 pounds that would be fantastic.  My size 12 jeans are looser already.  Most of my capris and shorts for spring are in size 10's.  I hope to get in those by the time spring gets around.  I know when the weather starts to warm up I will spend lots more time outside, working in the yard.  Things will really pick up then.

So, this was a good week.  I lost weigh and I am ready to keep going.  I hope you all had a successful week, too!

3 comments:

  1. 2.5 lbs. a week is very ambitious. 2 pounds is more doable. I'm just sayin. ;)

    Glad you are positive! It's probably salt. I find when I'm retaining fluids, a couple of tall glasses of sugar-free iced tea will cleanse it right out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah woah woah.....did I hear you downplay a LOSS???? Back up chickie pie....you LOST WEIGHT! It may have not been biggest loser porportions but it is still a loss! CELEBRATE IT!

    That said...I lost big this week, so I figure I'll have a much smaller loss next week. it's all part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I missed this comment, don't know how. Congratulations on the big loss! We just have to stay with it, we'll get there in the long run.

      Delete

Please take a moment and let me know what you think about this post. I love reading your comments. I try to answer every comment, maybe not immediately, but as quickly as I can.

Thanks!!! Betty